- Create Joints, name them accordingly
- Select first and last bone & Skeleton>IK Spline Handle tool – RESET
- Outliner, select and rename the new curve. Rebuild to match CVs to number of joints
- Enter vertex mode F8
- add clusters to verts. > Select the control vertex, Deform>Cluster [options], check relative & repeat for each control vert.
select and rename each cluster (and offset (optional)) in the attribute editor. (shape node/origin)
- snap each CV to a joint
- parent all clusters to Root Joint
- create nurbs circles for each cluster. Vsnap to joints and rename accordingly. RESET TRANSFORMS!
- select circle, Shift select cluster, Constrain>Point Constrain
- parent circles down the chain, then parent them to the root joint.
Could be improved upon greatly using “set driven key”